It can be important to regularly clean and care for your pet's ears to help prevent ear infections and other ear problems. A vet on our team at Animal Oasis of the Rockies in Broomfield, CO, has a range of treatment options for pet ear infections. Visit us for our veterinary care from a veterinarian in Broomfield on our team.
Why Do Pets Get Ear Infections?
Even when loving pet owners bathe their pets regularly, pets get ear infections much more often than humans. Pets are prone to ear infections for a variety of reasons, including:
- Allergies: Allergies can cause inflammation of the ear canal, which can lead to an ear infection.
- Moisture: Moisture trapped in the ear canal can create an ideal environment for bacteria and yeast to grow, leading to an infection.
- Parasites: Ear mites and other parasites can infest the ear canal.
- Genetics: Some breeds are more prone to ear infections due to the shape and size of their ear canals.
- Immune system disorders: Pets with weakened immune systems may be more prone to ear and other infections.
Caring for Pet’s Ears at Home
Depending on what kind of pet you have, you may need pet care for the ears more often. Here are some tips for caring for your pet's ears at home:
- Check pet's ears regularly for signs of redness, swelling, discharge or a bad odor, which may indicate an ear infection or other problem.
- Use a gentle ear cleaner specifically designed for pets.
- Dry pet's ears thoroughly after bathing or swimming.
Veterinarian Ear Care in Broomfield, CO
If you notice any signs of an ear problem or if your pet is displaying abnormal behavior, such as shaking their head excessively or scratching at their ears, you should bring your pet to see a vet on our team. We can help diagnose and treat your pet’s infections. We can help provide medications and give you advice on how to help your pet avoid pet ear infections in the future.
Get Help from a Veterinarian in Broomfield, CO, on Our Team
Are you searching for a “veterinarian near me”? A veterinarian on our team at Animal Oasis of the Rockies in Broomfield, CO, will be able to identify and treat any ear problems early on before things become more serious. A veterinarian on our team may prescribe medication or suggest a cleaning regimen to help treat the problem. Contact us to book an appointment today. Call us at (303) 900-7765 for pet ear care during company hours from a “veterinarian near me.”